The Lopp Law Firm represents investors who have lost money in their investment portfolio due to the actions of their broker, financial planner, or investment advisor. Often investors do not realize they have a legal claim against those persons who have unscrupulously or sometimes even unintentionally mismanaged their money. Consulting with a qualified Securities Law Attorney is an important step in recovering your losses.
Securities Arbitration is the predominant method by which disputes between investors and brokerage firms or investment advisors are resolved.
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA) is an independent, non-governmental regulator that oversees individuals and firms that sell stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities to the public in the United States. They are authorized by Congress to protect investors. The Lopp Law Firm can guide you through the FINRA Arbitration process, which is outlined below.
The FINRA Arbitration Process:
• A Statement of Claim with facts and requested remedies is filed by the complainant.
• An Answer to the Statement of Claim is filed by the respondent that specifies facts and defenses to the Statement of Claim.
• Potential arbitrators are selected by the parties.
• Attorneys for the Parties meet telephonically before the hearing to schedule hearing dates and attempt to resolve preliminary issues.
• Documents and relevant information are exchanged in preparation for the hearing.
• A hearing takes place either in person or virtually where each party presents arguments in support of their case.
• The Arbitrators submit their decision or award which is final and binding on all the parties.
Give us a call at (918) 251-2375 and we will discuss your case to determine the right course of action.